To: All BMRF/B&P Employees
We have one final update tonight. At the conclusion of our 7pm meeting this evening, the Union asked to meet again tomorrow morning (May 1) to bargain. The Company requested to continue meeting throughout the night, in an attempt to come to an agreement prior to Saturday’s planned lockout.
Tonight, the Company waited at the plant for 3.5 hours before the Union provided notification via email that they would not be available to bargain again until Monday, May 3.
Tomorrow at 10 a.m., the Company will initiate a lockout of USW represented employees. We are disappointed negotiations broke down. We will keep you updated on any developments. Again, the lockout will continue until the Union accepts the Company’s current offer or the parties otherwise reach agreement.